Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Approaching Ardha Matsyendrasana

Approaching Ardha Matsyendrasana
Ardha (n.) = Half
Matsya (n.) = Fish
Indra (n.) = King
Asana (n.) = Pose

Though transliterating this Asana may be called as King of fish pose, it is not called in such a way. The Asana has been invented by a sage named Matsyendranath, and hence is named after him.

The Asana does exert pressure on the Pancreas which is responsible for secretion of the hormone insulin that regulates the blood sugar.

 



Hence Matsyendrasana is excellent for fighting diabetes. The above figure illustraes an approach to achieving the Ardha Matsyendrasana, which is a difficult Asana in itelf. In the next few posts, I shall publish the approach and finally reach the Ardha Matsyendrasana.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Julia Dutta said...

Durga,
This is amazing! Seeing you after a long time. Hope all is well with you :)))
Julia

Durgasankar Mandal said...

yeah, all's well :) as yuo can see for yourself. But the issue is time which is in kind of short supply. Getting a picture shot and loaded calls for much!

Practice is going on well, though, as well as my reading - they are on their full sail!

Julia Dutta said...

Durga,
I think you don't have a single bone in your body - how can you be so flexible?

Envious Julia :)))

Durgasankar Mandal said...

Well Julia,

Only two comments are perhaps called for here - :)

1) I quite painfully know that I have bones when I try those Asanas which I have just started and still am nowhere near them.

2) I know only one way to go - the way of sadhana. The kindred souls who embark on this endless journey will know this too.

Tamil Home Recipes said...

Good blog.

Julia Dutta said...

Dear Durga,

Happy New Year!

Julia

Julia Dutta said...

Looks like your own posts have got some Spam Durga. I noticed quite late your comments on my post - Amrita Shergil and responded. Do view the responses.

Kemon accho?

Julia