Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Yoga for Back Pain (Concluding Part) - Ardha Chakrasana

Ardha Chakrasana (the Arch)

Ardha = half
Chakra = wheel, or the disc used as weapon by Krishna, the character in Mahabharata the epic of India




Self-critique: I am no good at all in this asana. Culprit is my poorly joined left arm after a near fatal accident quite a long time ago. As also some kind of nodular problem in the tendon sheath of the right wrist - which makes it very difficult and painful to support my body weight on the right wrist. Hence the arms are never straight as they should be. Hopefully Yoga will help me get over these problems in time to come.

Comments: This concludes the back pain series in Asana. Exclusions are the pranayama part. I did not intend to cover them in this series though they are as effective, if not more, in relieving back pain.

3 comments:

Julia Dutta said...

Mr Mandal,
I have seen your poses with great interest. Your body is flexible like a cat. have you been doing this for a long time?
Julia

Durgasankar Mandal said...

Julia, Please call me Durga.

:). Well thank you for the kind words. Well, no, I have been doing Yoga for the last one and half years. Though I learnt Yoga in school.

Neglected it for long in pursuit of other forms of exercises - the vigorous ones. Thought, wrongly, Yoga was a little soft for my taste :).

Yoga is easy if you challenge your body and mind. :). Or anything for that matter.

Unknown said...

buy isotretinoin 25 mg online is a closely monitored drug, and though considered safe by most, it requires patients to have monthly check-ins with their physician to monitor their health and well-being. Here's what you need to know about the drug, which is taken orally if you are considering it.