Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yoga for Back Pain (Part 4) - Markatasana (variation 2)

Markatasana - Legs separate





Procedure: well this came as an afterthought. I don't see the usefulness of writing procedure. But in this case it might be just necessary

1) Lie on your back with the feet on the ground
2) legs separated by your shoulder width
3) spread the arms to both sides - I do a jnanamudra while doing it. Sometimes a flat palm is just fine
4) move the knees from upright position to the ground (to one side of your body), without moving the feet
5) move the head in the opposite direction



Breathing: normal, deep and slow
Vision (Dristi): hastagre (palm)


Comments:
1) I am not perfect in this as yet - The head. I am still not able to touch the ground with my right cheek. My right cheek ought to be fully flat on the ground.

2) This photo shows the vision on the right palm. Practice with the left-palm vision too. In which case the photo will be a mirror image of this one

1 comment:

Millie Bernier said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... car accident chiropractor