Monday, August 20, 2007

Yoga for Back Pain (Part 5) - Markatasana (variation 3)

Markatasana (variation 3)

Warning: Do not do this Asana if you have severe back pain, or lower back pain, or pelvic pain




Breathing: normal, deep and slow.
Drishti: Hastagre

Self-critique: markatasana may look simple. I find it where one can hope to achieve a lot. My left leg isn't still ramrod straight. My head - the left cheek isn't still touching the ground fully. I need to achieve a lot more in my neck muscle region.

Final word:

1) All markatasana variations are to be done using both legs variations. For example, in this picture I have shown how to hold the left leg with the right hand. Next position would be its mirror image.

2) If you are not able to hold your left big toe (as in the picture) with your right hand, try to hold any part of your left leg.

3) I haven't given the procedure to execute this asana. If you need it, please do let me know.

No comments: