Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yoga for Back Pain (Part 8) Utthanpadasana

Utthanpadasana

Utthan(n.) = raise or rise
(antonym)Patan (n.) = fall
Pada = foot, leg
Asana = posture

Here is a different looking Utthanapadasana that I see in the Ashtanga discipline being practiced.



Breathing: deep and slow. In all asanas the inhale and exhale techniques are the same. When lying - raising legs will warranat inhale, putting them down will call for exhale.

Comments: I thought I would show for every asana - how the beginners ought to approach them. Though for Marakatasana published earlier, I passingly mentioned how a beginner could approach it, I thought Utthanpadasana could be the first one where I could use the yoga strap to practise the same.

focus: On your back. Align it well with the ground, so the back feels good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

buy magnalyte plus cream online is a combination of three medicines Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Fluocinolone acetonide. It is a type of vitamin A, also known as all-trans vitamin A or all-trans-retinoic acid. Fluocinolone acetonide is A very effective mineralocorticoid. It also has some glue to corticoid activity.