Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Approaching Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana

Approaching Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana

Some days ago I received a mail asking me how to approach the Utthita (raised) Hasta (arm) Padangustha (big toe) Asana.

Since raising the leg and then trying to catch the same is difficult for beginners.

My suggestion is as in the photograph below:

 



Start with holding the big toe as in the picture. Tuck your stomach in, and then inhale and extend your leg the big toe of which is held.

Self Critique: Well, as I see this photograph, I am not happy. I should be standing straight, and not leaning to one side - as I see, I am leaning to the left side. My head should be properly aligned with the torso - which is not so.

I guess, I need a lot of adjustments everywhere. And Sadhana. I wish everyone the same too.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: