Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vatayanasana

Vatayanasana

Vata (n.) = Wind, air, breeze
Ayana (n.) = Direction, Phase
Vatayana (n.) = Window
Asana (n.) = Posture

Now, why this particular Asana is named in this way, I am not sure. Does it have something to do with wind such as Pavanmuktasana has? Not sure again.


 


Breathing: Inhale as you raise your arm (picture above), exhale as you touch your toes (picture below)

 



Well, I have given it a practice label, since, I am only tentatively doing forward bends these days. Didn't do it for more than two years - courtesy my back pain. As the back pain recedes, reclaims my forward bend its lost territory. yet, I have miles to go in here too. Not only the finger tip will touch the ground, but the full plain of the palm (karatal)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shankar said...

Found this video on Vatayanasana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Q2ol3ls7M